AWS Lambda Review

Great technical support, good stability, and easy to set up

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for our backup coding for one of the ABDI services. We had a big job for the callout function, therefore we implemented Lambda here.

What is most valuable?

Lambda is the function we need to deploy any code.

We like that we don't require any infrastructure for it, which allows us a lot of cost savings.

The solution has the capability to scale.

The product is quite stable.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward.

We've found the technical support to be very helpful.

It's a fairly easy solution to learn.

What needs improvement?

I can't recall any features that might be lacking. For us, it works quite well, however, it depends on what a company needs.

We'd love to see more integration potential in the future.

I've been using the solution for about two years at this point.

The solution has proven to be very reliable and quite stable. The performance is good. There are no bugs or glitches and it doesn't crash or freeze on us.

The product scales well. If a company needs to expand, it should be possible to do so.

We have more than 5,000 users on the solution currently.

Technical support from Amazon is excellent. They are extremely helpful and we find they respond quickly. We're very happy with the level of support we receive.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward. It's not overly difficult by any means. Ashish:
The Lambda function is not that hard to set up due to the fact that we generally go to the AWS services URL and we can easily find the Lambda function from there.

The solution really doesn't require that much maintenance. You don't need a big team on it at all.

The solution is fairly reasonable, and, as it doesn't require any infrastructure, can save a company a lot of money simply by being on the cloud.

We bought a license from AWS that renews yearly.

What other advice do I have?

We're using the latest version of the solution. It automatically updates as it is based on the cloud.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. We are quite happy with its overall capabilities.

I'd recommend the solution to other users and other organizations. It's very easy to learn.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
More AWS Lambda reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Amazon EC2
Learn what your peers think about AWS Lambda. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
524,194 professionals have used our research since 2012.