AWS Lambda Review

Extremely scalable, stable, and often free to use

What is our primary use case?

The product is primarily used to deploy code and provision a software solution to your clients when they don't have the time. You don't have to pay for the servers and the uptime.

What is most valuable?

It is my preferred product, as it provides me with source code within the solution.

It's a great product due to the fact that you don't have to pay for the servers and the uptime.

The solution is very stable.

The product scales well.

The solution can be free to use.

What needs improvement?

The product could make the process of integration easier.

The could be more integration testing. The internal is great with Lambda, however, I have to make sure I have done my tests on a related machine before deploying.

I've been using the solution for three years. I haven't used it for too long just yet.

The solution is very stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It does not crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The solution scales very well. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so.

Its scalability is always based on how much software there is. It's actually virtually building out. The API can scale up automatically. And if the API calls go down, then the system slows in real-time.

All my clients are using the product. All the projects I push to my clients are on Lambda.

I haven't dealt with technical support directly. Therefore, I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they are in general. I don't have experience with them on that personal level.

There is no setup process to deal with as the entire solution is on the cloud. It's very easy.

If you need to deploy it to a license, the first server you use you need to pay for a license. If you're going to open-source, there are no licenses required.

What other advice do I have?

I'm just a customer and have clients on the solution.

I've had a very good experience with the product. I would rate it at a ten out of ten.

I would recommend the product to all developers.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
More AWS Lambda reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Amazon EC2
Learn what your peers think about AWS Lambda. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,244 professionals have used our research since 2012.