Azure Front Door Review

It inspects the traffic at the network level and is stable, scalable, and easy to set up

What is our primary use case?

We use it for external security filtering to protect our external traffic that is coming into Azure.

What is most valuable?

It inspects the traffic at the network level before it comes into Azure. We can do SSL offloading, and it can detect abnormalities before the traffic comes into the application.

It can be used globally and is easy to set up. It is also quite stable and scalable.

What needs improvement?

We should be able to use Front Door defenders with multiple cloud vendors. Currently, they can be used only with the Azure cloud. Azure Front Door should also be able to do global load balancing and provide internal front door services.

Microsoft should clearly define what Traffic Manager, Application Gateway, and Azure Front Door products do. These are similar products, and people get confused between these products.

I have been using this solution for three years.

It is quite stable.

It is easily scalable. It is set up for the enterprise, and it is a global task manager.

Their technical support is pretty good.

Its initial setup is easy.

It is on a pay-as-you-go basis.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Azure Front Door an eight out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, Amazon, Cloudflare and others in CDN. Updated: July 2021.
523,431 professionals have used our research since 2012.