Azure Search Review

Assuring flexibility and agility and the UI is very user-friendly

What is our primary use case?

We use Azure Search for security-related issues. We are trying to figure out everything that's related to security events occurring in the Cloud.

We are a small company, less than 10 people. About three of us use Azure Search.

What is most valuable?

In general, the amount of flexibility and agility is really assuring. Also, the UI is very friendly, we used it quite easily.

What needs improvement?

They should add an API for third-party vendors, like a security operating center or reporting system, that would be a big improvement.

I have been using Azure Search for one year.

Azure Search is stable. It works and it's quick. So far, we haven't experienced any stability issues.

I haven't used Azure's support, but Microsoft's technical support is great. The two times that I contacted them, They were very professional and helpful.

Azure Search came as an added value when we purchased a full Microsoft license. We were then given the opportunity to switch to Azure so we decided to work with it.

The initial setup was quite straightforward; it was very easy.

We hired a freelance IT consultant, to help us with the implementation.

What other advice do I have?

Azure Search provides plenty of benefits for business teams and sales teams. As it's a CLM system, it helps you find everything related to specific customers and deals.

From an implementation aspect, you need to know what kind of data you have, and where is it stored. We're a small company so it was very easy to map and locate the data, etc. If you work for a large enterprise, data location should be the first stage before implementing  Azure Search — you need to know exactly where the data is stored.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of eight.

Find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, Elastic, Apache and others in Search as a Service. Updated: July 2021.
522,693 professionals have used our research since 2012.