Azure Web Application Firewall Review

Minimal skills required, automation available, and responsive technical support

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution as a reverse proxy and for log analytics of the workspace.

How has it helped my organization?

One of the past organizations we have worked for was able to get up to approximately 400,000 users. It was a huge use case with this solution and was successful.

What is most valuable?

We have found the most valuable features to be the web application, minimal skills required for management, control through policies, and automation.

What needs improvement?

The support for proxy forwarding could improve.

I have been using this solution for approximately six years.

The stability is really good.

The scalability is good. However, this depends on how many subscriptions you have and how many you can actually deploy. We have a workaround for our architecture to scale up, we do not have a problem at this time.

We have an enterprise agreement with Microsoft, we have never had an issue with the technical support.

The initial setup is very easy.

The price of the solution depends on your architecture and how you manage it. You can control the cost in Azure quite well. The costs do not directly correlate to expenses in the features we are using.

What other advice do I have?

When using other solutions there can be many complications when integrating. I would definitely prefer only Azure native solutions.

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Azure Web Application Firewall a nine out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, Amazon, Fortinet and others in Web Application Firewall (WAF). Updated: September 2021.
536,114 professionals have used our research since 2012.