Barracuda Backup Review

Easy initial setup with a good user interface and simple to configure

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to back up our services from Hyper-V.

What is most valuable?

One of the most valuable aspects of the solution is the fact that we can go very granular on the backup and everything is from the outside. We don't need to make a rework of the backup server. If I want to restore a file I can go to the file without going through all of these other items.

The user interface is pretty good.

The configuration and the onboarding process are pretty good.

The initial setup is very easy.

What needs improvement?

The backup feature could be a bit simpler to utilize. They should make the process of backing up individual files simpler.

The pricing could be a bit better.

The solution should have the ability to back up other devices, such as mobile phones or tablets.

I've been using the solution for 20 years. It's been a long time.

The stability of the solution is very good. They have many models. in the end, we only choose four terabytes as it was enough for our servers. We haven't had any trouble at all with it so far. It's very reliable.

We haven't had any issues with scalability. The solution is quite flexible in sizing. A company should have issues if they need to expand it.

We are only using the product on approximately 15 servers.

If we need to open up a case, we're comfortable with doing so. The average time to respond is 24 hours, therefore, their response is pretty quick. If we have some working problem, our server will solve it.

They also have quite a bit of documentation that can help you troubleshoot or understand the solution a little better.

Generally, if we have issues, we can go to the reseller to get immediate attention as well.

Overall, in general, when we open a ticket we receive a response in 24 hours or less. We're satisfied with how they handle their support services.

We didn't previously use another solution. The way we handled backups before was to manually do it ourselves.

The initial setup is not a complex process. It's very, very straightforward.

The first time we did a deployment, it only took about 45 minutes. The second time, when we had to take into account all of the backup jobs, it took about a week.

You only really need one person to handle deployment and maintenance. It doesn't take a large amount of staff.

We used a reseller. They assisted in the initial implementation. We worked fine together and we didn't have any problems. We were satisfied with the level of service they provided our company.

The licensing is charged yearly. It's my understanding that the cost of the solution is somewhere around $7,000 every two years.

I don't recall if there are any other costs over and above the standard license.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We use the product. We're not resellers or consultants.

I'd advise those considering implementing the solution to first find someone who knows the appliance. Sometimes you can get lost in all of the functionality they have. It's very important to have at least one person who understands the solution pretty well if the company has plans to use Barracuda.

Overall, I would rate the solution nine out of ten. We've mostly been pretty happy with the product.

490
More Barracuda Backup reviews from users
...who compared it with Veritas Backup Exec
Learn what your peers think about Barracuda Backup. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,230 professionals have used our research since 2012.