BeyondTrust Endpoint Privilege Management Review

Elevation rules reduce the number of users in administrator groups.

What is most valuable?

It elevates the user to perform admin tasks without the user being a part of an administrator group.

PowerBroker allows elevation of required actions or application and eliminates the need of user having full administrative access. There are immense security and administrative benefits associated with removing users administrative access on the workstation.

PowerBroker allows the elevation of certain actions based on different whitelisting abilities. This can range from restarting services, installing software and allowing applications that require administrative privileges to run.

It is very similar to the UAC components built into Windows but gives us a lot more control surrounding the elevation

How has it helped my organization?

Previously, all users were in the administrator group of their machines. Since PowerBroker elevates the user, we can remove the users from the administrator group. Thus, the machines become less vulnerable to attacks

What needs improvement?

Improve the ActiveX rule for websites.

I have used this product for almost a year.

The software sometimes uses a lot of memory.

We have not had any scalability issues.

Technical support is mostly good.

We didn’t use any previous solutions.

It's a straightforward setup.

Price seems to be a little on the higher side.

We evaluated Avecto.

What other advice do I have?

Make use of Polmon and Beyondtrust reporting console to create the elevation rules.