BeyondTrust Endpoint Privilege Management Review

Offers good stability and asset discovery makes it easy to pull assets into the database of the solution manager

What is our primary use case?

At one point, our users shared credentials to access some enterprise applications within our environment. We had to take off user credentials because those credentials were getting compromised at one point. We also had trouble keeping track of who logged in or when people were doing work at any given period of time. With this solution, we're able to log the credentials from those applications and then move it into the facility for proper credential management.

What is most valuable?

The asset discovery feature is the solution's most valuable aspect. It's very easy to pull assets into the database of the solution manager.

What needs improvement?

The deployment process should be clarified or made simpler. It would be helpful if the solution had in-app tutorials for users to look at as they progress through the system. Sometimes we get lost and need to go back to check what exactly the function was. There should be small hints around major key functions. It would go a long way in speeding up the deployment process.

I've been using the solution for less than three years.

The solution is stable.

I can't say how scalable the solution is because I don't have too much experience in the matter. For how we are currently using it, we haven't had a reason to scale the solution. Our customers would know better, but it's my sense that BeyondTrust offers much more access compared to a competitor like CyberArk.

We didn't previously use a different solution.

The initial process is not straightforward. It's a bit complex. Deployment took about a month for us.

We handled the deployment in-house with the help of our own team.

The pricing is quite high.

We didn't evaluate other options. We were already using BeyondTrust and it seemed a natural extension to add this solution as well.

What other advice do I have?

We're a BeyondTrust reseller.

I'd recommend the solution. However, the pricing is not competitive and I find in the Nigerian market we're losing ground to CyberArk because the pricing is so unfriendly for the region. They need to try and match their competitors here in order to stay competitive overall in the market.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

More BeyondTrust Endpoint Privilege Management reviews from users