BeyondTrust PowerBroker Password Safe Review

Data warehouse cubes on the backend gives us the ultimate visibility into our assets

What is our primary use case?

BeyondTrust replaced the leading password management solution, offered vulnerability management and gave me a third-party patch management that integrates with Microsoft. To me, that was a win-win.

How has it helped my organization?

It improved our overall return on investment by at least two-fold and gave us more intelligence on our assets than we expected.

What is most valuable?

The sharing of intelligence gathered by scanning, and data warehouse cubes on the backend that gives us the ultimate visibility into our assets.

What needs improvement?

I would love if they integrated Bomgar's SSO with BeyondTrust for the session recording that we use for vendors.

Less than one year.

It has no problems. It's very flexible.

It will scale and has a built-in capability to augment expansion via external databases.

Support has been very very good.

We used CyberArk, and we found for an SMB that the product required more FTEs than we could handle. CyberArk is really meant for 100K FTE enterprises and requires a serious.

It is a complex product that has a lot of capabilities and does take some learning. They recommend taking their foundations class to understand and get the most out of the product.

Very good.  (A-, or B++).

Excellent.

Talk to references, look at Gartner and the positive and negative comments. BeyondTrust has the least negative comments of all the products and ties vulnerability management, scanning, password management, session recording, inventory management, intelligence gathering on attached assets. And when you look at all this together and price out separate options, the TCO is easy to justify.

CyberArk's password safe.

What other advice do I have?

It is a steep learning curve, but once automated, it makes your life a lot easier.