BIME Analytics Review

Start small and build your queries and connections in small incremental steps.

BIME dashboards help me review essential details on a daily basis and discover improvement areas for our company. Even after only 3 months, the benefits largely outweigh the costs of the system and we have already paid for many more months in terms of financial results.

People often think about the cost of running a BI tool without seeing the benefits that they can get from it. In this context, for us BIME actually costs next to nothing. We were able to automate a whole series of processes that were previously done manually and thus streamline how we work. The insights drawn from the dashboards offer me a deeper understanding of the situation as I am now able to see an overview of our entire business.

After we began implementing, we started to add more and more details to each graph. By drilling down or decomposing charts in dashboards, we discovered outliers that lead to exception reports - these reports becoming the source for reviewing our business.

Using the interactive visual dashboards created through BIME, we can now pay more attention to the underlying factors of our performance and re-engineer our internal processes and workflow altogether.

We have been operating for 10 years with very basic manually generated KPIs and indicators. The answers we got from analysing data were certainly incomplete, often contained errors and took way too long to be published. You had to have some strong Excel skills to be able to manipulate data, formulas, macros and pivot tables.

The biggest problem was that by the time we got the information, a few weeks had gone by and the reaction happened too late. Also, the indicators produced were not detailed enough, lacked completeness and versatility. It was not always easy to draw concrete action plans from them.

At first, when we started using BIME, we wanted to do a myriad of graphs as one is tempted to analyze everything all at once but we soon realized that the process has to be more gradual than that. You must really start small and build your queries and connections in small incremental steps.

Nowadays, we have separate dashboards for various levels of reporting. We’ve increased the speed of working altogether - today, with a few system exports to Excel and a refresh in BIME, the analysis we were previously doing in days is now ready made through the automatically updated dashboards. But more than that, there is no need for manual interventions, no risk for errors which results in better accuracy.

Disclosure: IT Central Station has made contact with the reviewer to validate that the person is a real user. The information in the posting is based upon a vendor-supplied case study, but the reviewer has confirmed the content's accuracy.
2 visitors found this review helpful
3 Comments
Developer at a transportation company with 1,001-5,000 employeesVendor

I need to export my data to PDF, XLS, CSV and JPEG files. Can you tell me, please, if the exporting is made easy in BIME?

Web Marketing Manager at a tech vendor with 1,001-5,000 employeesVendor

Yes, Alin, you can export pixel-perfect dashboards to all of the formats
you mentioned.

Founder & General Director with 51-200 employeesReal User

Good evening,
Yes, It's very easy to connect a XLS and CSV formats with BIME. I can help you if you send me an example.
But I don't understand why you export your data to PDF and JPEG format : do you want to publish your data? in this case, the publication with BIME is also very easy from different data sources.
Best regards