Bitam Artus Review
OLAP ad-hoc analysis is a valuable feature but the pricing needs to be improved.

Valuable Features

• Executive dashboards
  • Easy design and publishing
  • OLAP ad-hoc analysis

Improvements to My Organization

It's allowed us to implement High Performance Work teams who periodically monitor KPIs, as well as improving the infrastructure and overall work methodology.

Room for Improvement

Pricing needs to be brought down.

Use of Solution

I've used different versions over a 12 year period.

We had an issue with the ETL product, which may be considered another product of BITAM, so Artus doesn't really have issues worth mentioning.

Excellent.

Excellent.

I've used Microstrategy and SAP BW/BO.

Mostly it's straightforward.

Implementation Team

Implementation was done with BITAM directly so the level of expertise was fine.

ROI

It's not measured as BI projects often tend to have very subjective financial measures. Gartner says that the KPI's of a BI project are

1. Quantification of Use
  2. Qualification of Analysis
  3. Qualification of decisions made through the BI platform, which is really subjective or hard to measure

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

US$100,000, including hardware for the initial setup and then approximately US$25,000 annually.

Other Solutions Considered

We didn't evaluate any others.

Other Advice

Be sure the product will be used, because it's not cheap.