Bitam Artus Review

OLAP ad-hoc analysis is a valuable feature but the pricing needs to be improved.

What is most valuable?

• Executive dashboards
  • Easy design and publishing
  • OLAP ad-hoc analysis

How has it helped my organization?

It's allowed us to implement High Performance Work teams who periodically monitor KPIs, as well as improving the infrastructure and overall work methodology.

What needs improvement?

Pricing needs to be brought down.

I've used different versions over a 12 year period.

We had an issue with the ETL product, which may be considered another product of BITAM, so Artus doesn't really have issues worth mentioning.

Excellent.

Excellent.

I've used Microstrategy and SAP BW/BO.

Mostly it's straightforward.

Implementation was done with BITAM directly so the level of expertise was fine.

It's not measured as BI projects often tend to have very subjective financial measures. Gartner says that the KPI's of a BI project are

1. Quantification of Use
  2. Qualification of Analysis
  3. Qualification of decisions made through the BI platform, which is really subjective or hard to measure

US$100,000, including hardware for the initial setup and then approximately US$25,000 annually.

We didn't evaluate any others.

What other advice do I have?

Be sure the product will be used, because it's not cheap.