Blue Coat Advanced Web & Cloud Security Review

The console visibility and the performance impact on the internet should be improved

What is our primary use case?

I am an occasional user. Our IT team primarily uses it. My primary use case of this solution is for web content filtering.

What is most valuable?

The content filters and SSL encryption are the most valuable features of this solution.

What needs improvement?

The console visibility and the performance impact on the internet need improvement.

I have been using Blue Coat for less than a year.

The stability is good.

The scalability is a bit of a concern based on my discussions with IT.

We have around 200 users using this solution. We require three staff members for the maintenance of this solution. We do have plans to potentially increase the usage.

Their technical support is okay. I don't really interact with them.

We previously used Cisco Web Security. We switched because it became end-of-life.

We also evaluated Cisco Umbrella and Zscaler. The breadth of capabilities was key when making our decision so we chose Blue Coat.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to someone considering this solution is to look at your longterm needs.

I would rate this solution a three out of ten. The should include a DNS security layer to improve this solution. They should also make it easier for roaming users.