Brocade Ethernet Switches Review

Provides good integration with HP solutions and ease of administration with smart zoning

What is our primary use case?

It's actually a DC device. We are using storage in DC as well as in DR. Because we are a government organization, everything is on-premises.

What is most valuable?

It has good integration with HPE Primera. They have smart zoning in which the administration is very easy. You don't have to do anything. Zoning and other things are done automatically if you just enable the smart zoning. That's one very good thing in HP.

What needs improvement?

It should be simpler. There are still some things that can be simpler in the Brocade switches.

We have been using this solution for eight months.

We haven't faced any issues with stability and scalability.

We haven't contacted technical support. We didn't require any support from the technical side.

The initial setup was straightforward. It was not that complex. It's a one-day job for both DC and DR.

What other advice do I have?

I am okay with Cisco MDS switches as well as Brocade switches. I have also used Brocade switch in the old days when it was Dell EMC Clariion.

I would recommend Brocade Ethernet Switches for using with HP solutions. I don't know how they work with other storage solutions. We are using this solution with HPE Primera, and it's working fine. It's very good.

More Brocade Ethernet Switches reviews from users
...who compared it with HPE Ethernet Switches
Find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, Cisco, Juniper and others in Ethernet Switches. Updated: May 2021.
509,414 professionals have used our research since 2012.