CA CEM Review

It provides a powerful network analysis both with individual transactions and general network performance. We've had lots of hardware issues with the MPMs.

What is most valuable?

How has it helped my organization?

We've found that it really helps managers in measuring application SLAs and viewing historical performance data.

What needs improvement?

We've had lots of hardware issues with the MPMs. It's difficult to segregate the metrics coming from the integration.

I've used it for 18 months.

We haven't had issues with the deployment.

Some appliances which supply data to CEM have never been fully functional.

We've had no issues scaling it for our needs.

In our experience, technical support has been slow. We’ve been plagued with hardware issues, which have been on-going for a long time and which is going through CA to a separate partner, who then needs to deal with another local partner company for hardware.

The company has used different solutions, but I haven’t personally.

The initial setup is complex. It’s a large suite of products that need to fit into a large, complex organization.

This is not something I deal with, but off-hand comments seem to indicate that it is more expensive than expected.

Dynatrace and a few others were looked at by my team. I wasn’t involved in the evaluation however.