CA DATACOM Review

Processes very efficiently, using less and less of the CPU as we go

What is our primary use case?

We are using it as our database engine on our mainframe to store the data for various insurance systems.

It performs very well. It continues to get easier and easier to use and to maintain. They keep adding more support, more 24/7 support.

What is most valuable?

It processes very efficiently. I think that's it's most important feature. I also love the support that I get when I call their support team.

How has it helped my organization?

It just sits in the background. I don't know that it has a significant impact.

What needs improvement?

I'm working with them to add some new features to the current release. Features like security auditing of access to the data, and continuing to update the security and the product.

In general, they should just continue to modernize. Just keep up with the modernization.

It's very stable.

I had trouble with an upgrade once but, when I have trouble with the upgrade there's always someone there to support me and get me through it really quickly.

Scalability is doing very well. We haven't had any trouble managing the scale of it. It keeps getting more and more efficient, using less and less of the CPU as we go.

I'm happy with the technical support. Very satisfied with the response time, and the knowledge and ability to get me to the people that know what needs to be done.

I was not involved in the initial setup but I am involved in all the upgrades that happen. They are very straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

When our company is looking into a vendor, what's important to us are three main points:

• that their product works well
  • efficient
  • cost.

I rate in a nine out of 10 because I think it's a wonderful product but I always think everything can keep getting better. I see that it keeps going in that direction.

I would tell a colleague it's very easy to use. It does its job very well. It's very efficient.