CA IT Asset Manager Review

It helps us control, in particular, our budget. Every year our budget keeps rising. At the very least, this tool makes it easier to take all our assets -- current and future -- into account.

Valuable Features

It automatically discovers all the assets on our network. We are limited in the number of staff, so this particular feature of the solution is particularly valuable to us.

Improvements to My Organization

Our organization really has improved quite a lot since we've been using this product. It helps us control, in particular, our budget. Every year when we estimate our budget, it just keeps rising. At the very least, this tool helps us prepare and makes it easier to take all our assets -- current and future -- into account.

Room for Improvement

As I'm looking into financial reporting and audits, new features to help with this would be good.

Additionally, with cloud computing, our usage changes all the time, so a tool to configure costs would also be great.

Use of Solution

We have used it for 10 years.

It is stable, we can perform internal audits, and with accounting we can download the database. This helps us with the finance aspects.

It has scaled well.

Very good. They have two kinds of support, on the website and onsite. They are very good with consultants, also with remote connections due to our contract.

We switched from our previous solution because there are two big players and CA was already supporting most of the manufacturers in our industry. As opposed to competitors, CA worked with us to connect to our printers through access points.

Very easy. You just install the server, click discover assets, and put it into monitoring mode. It helps us monitor mobile devices, processors, printers, etc.

Other Advice

I recommend that you test and research the market and understand what they want in their network. You should think and plan for the future and the scope of the solution. Get the balance right with cost and support and staff knowledge. Think about that maybe sometimes the downtimes and the outage is more costly for your organization.