CA Privileged Access Manager Server Control Review

User Interface needs to be improved but the most valuable feature is the security access management.

Valuable Features

It depends on the client's requirements, but for me the most valuable one is the security access management with distributed architecture and centralized management.

Improvements to My Organization

Often, the software is installed based on security and audit requirements, for example, where the security processes of an organization need to be updated to match current security standards.

Room for Improvement

User Interface needs to be improved.

Use of Solution

I have been designing systems based on the solution for the last four years.

Usually, the problems are similar to any enterprise software deployment. However, sometimes we would have problems adapting the enterprise security processes and software usage.

Yes, but nothing critical. Same as other software.

No issues with scalability.

Usually, CA does not provide direct customer service, so it normally depends on the quality of CA's partners.

As a partner of CA I can contact tech support directly and, in my opinion, it is at a good level.

No I didn't and I don't know of any other software with the same complexity of functionality.

CA Privileged Management software is very complex software and its setup needs a project manager, and trained personnel… etc.. it's not a "just installation".

ROI

You do not need this software for your direct processes but the current security standards force you to buy the product. For example, If your company manages finance it must satisfy the security standards requirements. I cannot calculate the ROI in this case as I would need to compare several projects with different solutions but I design only CA based systems.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Depends on the project and customer requirements.

Other Solutions Considered

There are some products with similar partial functionality, but I don’t know of another complex software with the same level of functionality.

Other Advice

Study the modern security standards (PCI, ISO/IEC 2700x etc.) before implementation.