CA SYSVIEW Performance Management Review

It can be used in REXX, batch or interacting with automation. CA-OPS/MVS interaction is particularly good.

What is most valuable?

The CICS and DATACOM optional components are the most valuable.

How has it helped my organization?

We particularly like the versatility of the product. It can be used in REXX, batch or interacting with automation, CA-OPS/MVS interaction is particularly good. For example, OPS/MVS will trigger events that will check SMS storage groups through SYSVIEW and email reports on volume information

What needs improvement?

It needs better documentation explaining the different possibilities of what you can do with the product.

I've been using it for over 15 years.

We've not had any issues but it's worth testing the product out fully before implementing live into production.

There have been no issues scaling it for our needs.

8-9/10 - CA's whole support offering has improved vastly since the 90's.

To reduce licencing costs, we merged other products. We needed SYSVIEW as this was the best if not the only monitoring tool for Datacom. We used SYSVIEW to replace CA-LOOK, SAS, MAINVIEW, and could also be used to replace SDSF.

The initial setup is very easy. It is a bit tricky if you have to perform customizations, as migration can be tough, but things improved a lot from v13.0 as you can now have in-house written information in your own libraries and transfer them to the new versions much easier.

14.1