CA SYSVIEW Review

It lets us see what’s running, what conflict we have, and where we don’t have to bother. It is a complex system, as every view has a different setting panel. Once you get a grasp of it, it gets easier

Valuable Features

A lot of what I use it for is compiling and debugging, and I think it’s beautiful. It lets me know what went wrong with jobs that I've run for testing.

Improvements to My Organization

Using SYSVIEW means we have to bug our tech support a lot less. It lets us see what’s running, what conflict we have in jobs, and where we don’t have to bother.

Room for Improvement

Any functionality that I thought it could improve on is in the most recent release. It is a complex system, though, as every view has a different setting panel. This can be overwhelming for someone coming in, but once you get a grasp of it, it gets easier.

We've had no issues with deployment.

We have never had any trouble with stability.

We've had no trouble with scalability.

Technical support has been very helpful. But the community of users has been particularly helful. Someone even helped me ASAP, which was huge.

The initial setup was complex, as this is a complex system. Each view has its own settings panel, which can be overwhelming.

Other Advice

You should have at least have one person who is up to date with the current release. This can help a lot with setting up the solution and implementation. I also recommend to work hard on becoming familiar with this product, as it is complicated at times.