CA SYSVIEW Review

A pretty simple, easy to install, easy to upgrade product

What is our primary use case?

I am mainly the installer, subject-matter expert for my company. So, making sure it is in, working, and available for others to use. It has performed great so far.

How has it helped my organization?

Ultimately, the prevention of money loss for missing SOAs and stuff like that on our systems, if we miss something.

Anybody has the ability to be able to find something that might be wrong, and look through it.

What is most valuable?

• Ease of use
  • Ability for system diagnostics

System troubleshooting and diagnostics are the biggest thing for us. We need to make sure our system is up and running and at peak performing. Also, it helps us troubleshoot if something does go wrong that we did not happen to see.

What needs improvement?

They are already working on improvements. One of them is the operational intelligence, which is a lot of stuff I am trying to learn and work on right now, which SYSVIEW reports to that all the system things which are going on.

More than five years.

It is good. We do not have any issues with it. I have been able to install and keep up with the latest versions of it without any issues.

It scales pretty nice. I am running it on more than 60 systems.

Technical support is good, always responsive, pretty quick to get back to me with answers, and/or always willing to help. That is the biggest thing.

In the past, we have used TeamOn.

It was straightforward. I was not there for the initial setup for our system, but I have maintained it since then. So, I have done all the upgrades and maintenance on it. So, it is pretty easy and seamless to put it in.

We have a global license, so I can't provide much info.

We have looked at using BMC MainView. IBM was also considered.

SYSVIEW is the main one we use. MainView is available on our systems, and it is used as a secondary backup to what might be found in SYSVIEW, or what might not have found.

In comparison with product of MainView, SYSVIEW is pretty simple, easy to install, and easy to upgrade compared to MainView, as the other product I work with. Every time I need to do something new in MainView, I have to put up a new task and new configuration, so it gets very complicated versus the simplicity of SYSVIEW to do the same thing.

What other advice do I have?

Just try it. See if you like it or not.

I have to work with other products that are its competition, and so far, SYSVIEW is one of the best out of there.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: The response from their technical team is the most important for me. Also, a product that is stable and works