CentOS Review

Stable, easy to set up, and free to use

What is our primary use case?

The solution has many types of use cases.

What is most valuable?

The configuration is very good. It is very easy to configure any application, et cetera.

The current version is stable.

The initial implementation is straightforward.

The product is free to use.

What needs improvement?

Previous versions were unstable.

I've been using the solution for close to four years.

The solution is stable in its current form. This wasn't always the case. In earlier versions, it wasn't as stable as it is now. Currently, there are no bugs or glitches and it doesn't crash or freeze. However, you do occasionally do still get some unstable packages.

The solution is only really scalable if you handle on-premises versions. However, you can scale it up and down as you need.

We have close to 300 users using the product right now.

I've never had to use technical support as everything is pretty straightforward. I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they are.

The installation is very straightforward. It's not overly complex or difficult. A company shouldn't have too much trouble handling it.

The deployment is very quick. It's up and running in a matter of minutes.

I've always handled the implementations myself. I've never used a consultant or integrator. It's easy to handle in-house.

This product is free to use. It's great for companies with small budgets.

What other advice do I have?

I have a hybrid setup. On the cloud, I'm using version 7.5. On-premise I'm on 8.3.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. If it was more reliable in terms of dealing with stability, it would be excellent.

I'd recommend the solution to other users and companies.

Hybrid Cloud
More CentOS reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about CentOS. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
535,919 professionals have used our research since 2012.