Changepoint Review
Provides resource allocation and capacity planning. The user interface is quirky and does not always conform to the expected Microsoft UI standards.

Valuable Features:

The most valuable features are resource allocation and capacity planning.

Room for Improvement:

The user interface is quirky and does not always conform to the expected Microsoft UI standards. Several areas of the product use Silverlight technology. This will be replaced in a future version of the product, but that is taking some time.

Here is an example of the user interface:

To change the value in a drop-down list box, you cannot simply click on the down arrow and choose a new value. You must use a backspace to clear the current value, then press enter to refresh the full list, and then choose the new value. And this is not consistent throughout the product.

In some cases, the listbox works in this way, and in other places in the product, it does not.

Use of Solution:

We have been using this solution since 2013.

Scalability Issues:

I don’t know any details about scalability. However, we have Changepoint deployed at a number of sites worldwide, with about 1,000 users.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing:

I was not part of the negotiations. I do know that the licenses for people with project manager and other advanced permissions are more costly than for those who only enter time. We needed more people to have the project manager and additional permissions licenses than Changepoint initially estimated.

Other Advice:

It is important to have a Changepoint expert/consultant to assist with the initial setup. You need to know a lot of details about how fields function so you will know how to choose the configuration settings.