Cisco ASA Firewall Review

Reliable and easy to use with good security features

What is our primary use case?

We are using Cisco ASAv in our company and have deployed it for many of our customers. They are in both government and the private sector.

The deployment method varies depending on the customer's needs. For the government, it's through the government cloud while others are on-premises.

What is most valuable?

It is very stable compared to other firewall products.

It has good security features.

The firewall features make it easy for the users to work on it.

What needs improvement?

The interface needs improvement. I would like a better interface for Cisco. Other solutions such as Palo Alto have a user-friendly dashboard.

They need a user-friendly interface that we could easily configure.

It would be beneficial to have some of the features that Cisco has, integrating with other types of security.

I have been using this solution for approximately eight years.

It's a very stable solution out of the box and we have not had any issues in our deployment.

We have 86% of the devices being used simultaneously.

It's scalable based on the type of license and modules that you require.

We don't have the option to update the box, but we can add features such as antivirus protection.

We have contacted technical support for some issues outside our technical expertise, mostly for updating the license.

We have a team that handles our issues.

We work on a case-by-case basis and are have good offers by Cisco.

It's very competitive with other products.

What other advice do I have?

They should incorporate it with FortiGate, or Sophos firewalls.

If they are looking for a layer 7 type of security then they need to go with another solution.

I would rate Cisco ASAv a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
More Cisco ASA Firewall reviews from users
...who compared it with Fortinet FortiGate
Learn what your peers think about Cisco ASA Firewall. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
455,962 professionals have used our research since 2012.