What is our primary use case?
Firewall only - no advanced services.
How has it helped my organization?
In the early days, before UTM and NGFW, this product was awesome. Cisco tried to add Firepower, but it requires a different management interface and is still too expensive.
What is most valuable?
- Strong in NAT and access-lists
- Very good as a stateful inspection firewall, but weak in all other areas.
What needs improvement?
- Integrated threat management
- Route-based VPNs: VPNs are weak as this product still does not support route-based VPNs.
- Single management interface
- Better throughput for price point
For how long have I used the solution?
More than five years.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
Price point is too high for features and throughput available.
What other advice do I have?
Overall, this is a legacy product.