Cisco ASA NGFW Review

Allows us to implement active/backup HA with ASAv (Adaptive Security Virtual Appliance)

What is most valuable?

Starting in version 9.7 you could track a login history for audit purposes and, in 9.8, you are able to do active/backup HA with ASAv (Adaptive Security Virtual Appliance) deployed on MS Azure.

What needs improvement?

There is always room for improvement in virtually anything. However, the relatively new Firepower Threat Defense image (mix of ASA and Sourcefire network security) fills a lot of gaps and features that were missing on ASA. Moreover, with FMC (Firepower Management Console) you can complement it with even more admin and reporting capabilities for the entire platform.

No stability issues.

No scalability issues.

Excellent.

New version comes with initial setup tutorial, with very nice security policies baseline, set up by default.

Be sure of what features you are going to utilize to add/remove some from new bundles.

What other advice do I have?

Best value will always be delivered by adding FMC (Firepower Management Console); at least their virtual edition.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Distributor.
Free Trial

Start your two week free trial.