Cisco ASA NGFW Review

We're assured that all updates, all patches, and all fixes are done instantaneously

What is our primary use case?

We mainly use this solution for our firewall and it's one layer of our security. From the time that we've used it, the organization as a whole got a sense of security because Cisco is a known product. When we do need support locally or online, we get it instantaneously. We use this solution for a couple of things: for security, for their technical support, and in terms of the knowledge and skills of the team here that gave us a good grip and confidence in the use of the product.

How has it helped my organization?

It gives the organization a higher vote of confidence. When I joined the organization more than six years ago, we were using the old Cisco, and some of the products already reached their end of life. Some of the products were not in its latest state, in terms of security or license. We've learned a very good lesson there. Since then, when we upgraded we made sure that all the licenses and all the security facets are in place. It gives the organization a higher vote of confidence. There may have been one or two incidences of malicious threats, but it did not really bring down the organization to a level that we would all be sorry for. The greatest benefit for the organization is the confidence that we are secured.

What is most valuable?

Cisco is known as a popular and trusted product. Because of its constant RND, we're assured that all updates, all patches, all fixes are done instantaneously. As far as the feature is concerned, it gives us a certain layer of protection. As a CIO, my vote of confidence is in the product itself. After making sure that we always have all the updates on the licenses we're assured that we're getting all the necessary security protection.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten. Not a ten because I'm reserving the one point for whatever new surprises they are going to provide.

Free Trial

Start your two week free trial.