Cisco ASA NGFW Review

Offers Excellent Stability and Endpoint Protection

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case for this solution is on the client side. PCS stands for
Perfect Computer Systems. We are an integration company, we specialize in solution integration, bringing together component subsystems into a whole and ensuring that those subsystems function together.

How has it helped my organization?

Cisco ASA NGFW has improved our organization by providing more internet protection. Also, for the end user, it provides easy access from outside for users accessing the site.

What is most valuable?

The feature that I found the most valuable is the overall stability of the product.

What needs improvement?

The two areas that need improvement are the URL filtering and content filtering features.

These features are both very crucial to the end user environment. One of my main concerns and an area that could use some major improvement is the need to pay for licensing in order to enable necessary additional features. Included in the next release, I would like to see these features integrated into the products' functionality without having to pay for them on an individual basis.

More than five years.

My impression of the stability of this solution is that it's great, excellent!

As far as scalability, I haven't had any performance issues so far. There really isn't high utilization coming from the operations environment, so I don't need to upgrade the tier at the moment.

I don't have much experience with technical support since contacting tech support incurs additional costs. I have been relying on my technical knowledge and experience so far.

The initial setup was straightforward, though I find as we proceed we need an extra feature or two to enable all the functionalities and protection of the tool. It's an ongoing process. We have to be quick and agile to provide client support.

We implemented through an in-house team.

The stability is the greatest ROI for this solution.

My advice, since I have to pay for licensing each feature that I need to enable, like URL filtering, is to look at a pfSense. That is what we are doing because you have to pay for greater protection, a total solution can be very costly. We are looking at a pfSense, to bring down the total cost. The correct price point, in comparison to other platforms, is the main factor here.

During our initial decision-making process, we evaluated other options but the distinctions between all the options were quite minimal.

What other advice do I have?

I am satisfied with the current facility and the management environment of the Cisco ASA, it's great for me.

I think that the cost would be the main factor when evaluating solutions since some of the companies or some of our clients ask about costs upfront. Once the client has made their initial request and inquired about any subsequent subsystem connectivity integration ideas, they always want to know how much everything will cost. The deciding factor is mainly based on the price point of the total user solution.

Overall, the criteria that we consider when constructing an integration decision depends largely on the client company we are working with. We evaluate clients based according to their size, industry function, and the total budget that would be recommended for an effective solution.

I would give this product a rating of 9 out of 10!