Cisco FabricPath Review

Package solution, with everything in one device but it should offer better reporting

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for a firewall and to control viruses. It has many uses in our organization and we can manage it all through the cloud.

What is most valuable?

The fact that the solution is on the cloud is its most valuable aspect. If you are on the cloud, you can manage your network from anywhere, any place. It's very good.

The solution also offers services for wireless, internet, firewalls, etc. Everything is in one device, which is very helpful. It's a great package solution.

The solution is very simple and offers very high levels of security for organizations.

What needs improvement?

The solution is quite expensive. They should work on lowering the cost to make it more affordable for users.

Cisco should add a few more security features to make it more robust.

The solution should offer better reporting.

We've been using this solution for six months now.

The solution is very stable. We haven't had any issues with it.

We have about 120 people in our organization using the solution. They are mostly architects and engineers.

We haven't been in touch with Cisco for this particular solution, although we were in touch with a different solution. We found their assistance to be quite good and we're very satisfied with their level of support.

We previously used Cisco's Firepower. It was much more complicated, in terms of setup, and we find Fabricpath to be much easier.

The solution is a bit complex to set up initially. It shouldn't be a problem for most IT teams to handle, however. It's much simpler than a solution like Cisco's Firepower, which we found to be quite complicated.

We didn't have vendors or integrators help us implement the solution. We did some internet research instead and watched Youtube videos. These helped us get through the process. They were quite effective.

The solution is expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend the solution. I'd rate it a six out of ten.

Other
More Cisco FabricPath reviews from users
...who compared it with Juniper QFabric
Find out what your peers are saying about Cisco, Juniper, Arista and others in LAN Switching. Updated: September 2021.
534,057 professionals have used our research since 2012.
1 Comment

author avatarChinthaka Kannangara
Top 20Real User

When and as we required to build redundancy into the important link connectivity of the data center where STP cannot take place then we need to talk about fabric path. FabricPath is designed and work with intelligence of IS-IS protocol. this brings Layer 3 routing intelligence which can choose preferred paths in the network topology