Cisco IOS SSL VPN Review

Facilitates remote access and working from home, but the token software will no longer be supported

What is our primary use case?

We are solution providers. We provide remote access solutions, internet access, and Voice over IP for our customers, as well as IT operational support.

We use this solution to access their on-premises server from outside locations for situations such as working from home.

What needs improvement?

The system needs to be upgraded to replace the Token Authentication software, which will no longer be supported.

I have been working with Cisco IOS SSL VPN for two years.

It's a stable solution. We are using the latest version.

I believe that this solution is scalable.

Some of the solutions that our customers are using are Microsoft 365, Cisco VPN Access, and Cisco AnyConnect with the physical USB Token to input the password.

The Token support will expire soon. Currently, we are researching similar solutions.

We are always researching new products to provide to our clients.

What other advice do I have?

I can't say that I would recommend this solution at this time because the support for the Token software is expiring soon and Cisco IOS SSL VPN would have to be upgraded to another solution similar to Token.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
More Cisco IOS SSL VPN reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Cisco, Pulse Secure, Citrix and others in SSL VPN. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.