Cisco Sourcefire Firewalls Review

Offers great technical support and good security from the firewalls

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this program is network protection.

How has it helped my organization?

Up until now we haven't been down due to issues with the internet connection or denial of service, so the program does what it claims to do.

What is most valuable?

The firewalls of this program protects my internet from dangerous internet sites. For us, Cisco is the number one in firewall protection. We are seeking to buy another UTM solution for band management.

What needs improvement?

The program is very expensive.

We've been using Cisco Sourcefile Firewalls for three years.

We haven't had any problems with the stability so far.

We have 500 users working on the solution and I believe it may increase, so I believe the program is scalable.

The technical support from the company is very good. They are always available when we have problems.

We did use another UTM solution before for firewall, URL and band management. We didn't switch, we just have two layers now. If we want to use Cisco for band management or URL safety, we have to pay a license fee and it is very expensive.

The initial setup was straightforward and it took the company about a day to deploy the firewalls.

The licensing is very expensive.

What other advice do I have?

In the future, I would like to see friendlier configuration and only one license because everything needs a license. You need a URL license, security license, everything is based on a license. I would like to have one license that covers everything. But I am really impressed by the program and my rating is nine out of ten.