Cisco SSL VPN Review

An easy to use solution with good configuration capabilities

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution for remote access for my clients.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very easy to work with. This is its most valuable feature. They also did a good job surrounding how you configure the devices.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to solve the issues they have with Java.

Cisco device management is quite difficult. They should work to simplify this.

I've been using the solution for almost four years.

In terms of stability, I think it would be nice if Cisco could manage their Java problem. Sometimes it works and sometimes it requires troubleshooting or you need to take the time to update in order to fix the Java issue.

I have contacted technical support in the past, but nowadays our company is not allowed to contact Cisco directly because we don't have a contract with them. Intermediary companies can, however. In the past, I have been satisfied with the level of service I've received.

If the person setting up the solution understands the underlying technology, they won't have trouble with the initial setup of the product. It's a bit complex. Besides following the steps of the setup, you have to understand what you are doing, otherwise, you can get lost in the process.

I'm a Cisco engineer, so I was able to implement the solution myself.

What other advice do I have?

I use the on-premises deployment model. I've worked with Cisco products for 15-16 years.

I would rate the solution eight out of ten.