Conformiq Review

Saves us time writing manual test cases and scripts, promotes reusability

What is our primary use case?

We use this product to design the model and generate manual test cases, then export them into the user-required Excel format.

We reuse the existing components and convert them into the design model. We then use the output for further uses in the organization and to further change or make additions to the project.

We also use it for maintaining the version control of the project when multiple resources are required.

How has it helped my organization?

This product helps with understanding the design tool for the test case generation without manual writing of test cases in Excel.

It is time-consuming to write the manual test cases, which has now been reduced. It gives us more time to spend on model design. The time spent writing test scripts has also been reduced, as it automatically generates test scripts based on user requirements.

The maintenance of projects in versions from the tool itself is very helpful, as we can skip version control tasks from the command prompt.

We can quickly design the test cases and generate manual test cases, which can be shown at a high level as well.

What is most valuable?

The ability to reuse existing components is very useful when we work on a project that is already started.

The reverse engineering concept, where I can convert manual test cases into the design-level and then make further use of them in the project, is very helpful.

We are able to convert existing components into other languages based on user requirements. It is very useful to migrate the scripts from one automation tool to another automation tool.

The use of external data in the model, allowing us to use it for test generation and scripts, is another valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

When modifying the existing model, re-generate test cases and test scripts, it should overwrite the existing data from previous scripts and test cases.

Improvements on the List item widget and Table widget are needed.

I would like to see the output data optionally used as input for the model, as further action in the flow.

It would be helpful to have support for combinatorial action on two different business activity nodes.

The ability to use the result from the Response Message action widget as a variable object for further uses in the test case flow would be useful.

We went to merge conflicting texts based on user request in git version control concepts.

We have been using Conformiq for the past four years.

We did not use another similar solution prior to this one.

We did not evaluate other solutions.

Find out what your peers are saying about Conformiq, Broadcom, Cognizant and others in Test Management Tools. Updated: July 2021.
521,690 professionals have used our research since 2012.