Conformiq Review

Easy to set up, integrates well with other tools, and maintains traceability in STLC process

What is our primary use case?

We use the Conformiq tool as part of the end-to-end automation solution provided by our organization, where right from test design to test execution to reporting, everything is automated.

We automate test design through Conformiq and generate both manual test cases (Excel-based) and automated scripts. Conformiq plays a key role in speeding up the STLC process and improving product quality.

We have developed various custom plugins for our customized Selenium/UFT frameworks.

We have also integrated this product with various test management and requirement management tools like JIRA, ALM, etc.

How has it helped my organization?

Conformiq integrates well with various automation tools and auto-generates between 60% and 80% of the automation scripts. This feature has helped us to improve automation coverage and enabled us to run regression tests repetitively.

Conformiq provides easy maintenance for change requests. The tool will generate auto-generate impact analysis data, which can be carried to test automation as well, easing efforts for automation script maintenance.

This product has the ability to integrate with various test management tools and version control tools.

What is most valuable?

The tool has the ability to integrate with various requirement management, test management, and version control tools. It allows for maintaining traceability throughout the STLC.

Other than generating automation scripts tool implements algorithms to ensure 100% coverage with the optimized test set. This avoids the fear of over-testing/Under testing. Also, graphical representation helps to identify the possible requirement gaps

Reusability of exiting components helps to reduce duplicate efforts and allows to maintain project properly.

What needs improvement?

There is room for improvement, including the following:

1. We have limited widgets available in the tool to design UI flow. We would like to see other frequently used widgets like spin boxes, sliders, etc.
  2. The table widget options such as display tables, modify tables, and select rows, should be enhanced.
  3. It would be helpful to have a feature in the tool's UI to map object locators within the system. This will help to maintain automation scripts, keeping them in synchronization with Conformiq models.
  4. Currently, we don't have an integration with the test data management tool. Having this feature will help for generating and maintaining test data.

I have been working with Conformiq for the past six years.

I have explored various test design solutions in the market and I prefer Conformiq.

We use an on-premise setup. Setting up the tool is easy, but it is recommended to use a system with a good configuration for better performance results.

Find out what your peers are saying about Conformiq, Broadcom, Cognizant and others in Test Management Tools. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.