ConnectWise Manage Review

Good automation and integrates with other systems, but the interface is a bit complicated

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for several use cases. For example, it is used for our entire procurement area and ordering all of our stock on hand. It is used for ordering smartphones and smart devices.

We also use it for managed services because we provide IT services to clients. It receives and manages bulk tickets from a variety of different clients. Essentially, it is our ticketing and CRM system.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the management of projects from start to finish. It starts with sales and goes right to project delivery.

The automation and integration with our other systems are a benefit.

The usability is really good.

The knowledge base is very thorough.

What needs improvement?

The UX for general users can be improved as the UI is quite clunky and complicated.

The ability to collaborate on and communicate about tickets can be improved. It needs to be easier to share tickets between users who need to work together. Having an internal chat system would be helpful, rather than having to rely on emails and notes.

The technical support response times and SLAs could be improved, although the support, itself, is thorough.

We have been using ConnectWise Manage for four years.

I'd say that this is a stable solution.

It is easy to scale and expand.

We have 80 or 90 people who use this solution on a daily basis. It is being used all the time.

I have been in touch with technical support and I would say that they are thorough, but maybe not as quick of a response as you'd hope for.

Prior to using ConnectWise Manage, we used the Zendesk ticketing system. We switched because it wasn't quite as scalable and there wasn't a single pane of glass for all of the products that we needed.

The initial setup was simplistic enough in terms of the steps, but for our caliber of company and what we needed to do, it was complex. There was a lot of that we had to do. I think that the full migration took at least 11 to 13 months.

We currently have three administrators who do the maintenance. It comes in the form of updating cost changes, pricing codes, or company details. We have to make sure that these details are always accurate. The administrators receive information from each of our departments and update it in the system.

We used consultants and help from the vendor in terms of guidance on the best way to have a smooth migration and process.

The licensing is cheaper than Salesforce. There are some different add-ons and benefits that are optional and come at an additional cost.

We also considered using Salesforce during our switch from Zendesk. The cost was an issue but so was availability in Australia. Salesforce is an American company and there are not a lot of consultants available.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is implementing this solution or another CRM is to migrate slowly and bring across departments one at a time. Definitely map out the entire migration to make sure that everything is aligned correctly. Otherwise, you'll run into issues.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud