CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager Review

DNS Scanning allows for the reporting of account location information

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is to manage enterprise passwords and monitor session connections.

How has it helped my organization?

Prior to using this solution, we did not know where our accounts were being created. The DNS scanning is a very good tool that allows us to manage existing accounts.

What is most valuable?

While I find all of the features valuable, one of them that stands out is the DNS scanning. This provides information with respect to the locations of accounts that are created. We then get an overview of the location information.

What needs improvement?

What I would really like to see improved is the AIM (Application Identity Manager). I think that it could be simpler to use, and much more straight forward.

In terms of additional features, I cannot think of any that I would like to see implemented at the moment.

Three to five years.

I find the product to be very stable.

This product is very, very scalable. Currently we have about one hundred users, and we have plans to increase the usage.

I found the technical support to be good. They are always available and ready to answer questions and provide support.

No, beyond evaluating other solutions we did not use a different one.

I found the initial setup to be quite complex. You really have to pay attention to detail during the process, because any mistake will render the installation and setup useless.

For an experienced system implementer it will take approximately one day. However, for somebody who is inexperienced it may take up to five days.

Once the deployment is complete, no staff is required for maintaining the solution. Everything is pretty much straight forward.

We take care of the implementation for our customers.

We have indeed seen a return on investment with this solution. I cannot put a monetary value on it, but it is valuable information that we are protecting. If it were to be leaked then it would result in damage to reputation, as well as a loss in confidence.

As I am the technical contact for this product, I do not have direct knowledge of the pricing. However, I can say that the licensing for this solution is based on the number of APV (privileged users), and the number of sessions that you want to record.

Yes, we evaluated three other products before choosing this one. They were Security from CA, BeyondTrust, and ObserveIT.

What other advice do I have?

This is the number one product for privilege account security.

I suggest getting the best help available when it comes time to implement and deploy this solution. Once this is complete, everything else will fall into place.

I would rate this product eight out of ten. It is very good, but there is always room for improvement.