Dundas BI Review

The built-in UI allows you to do most of the work by drag and drop

What is our primary use case?

Creating market research focused dashboards for our clients to log in and view and explore the results.

How has it helped my organization?

It enabled us to create customised dashboards, catering to any data requirement, and any visualisation or interactivity requested by the clients.

What is most valuable?

Scripting engine enables you to do anything, and the built-in UI allows you to do most of the work by "drag and drop" or by other options for the less technical people.

What needs improvement?

More of the same! They still need to add some visualisations and could continue to improve the UI to allow users to easily find what they need within the many different options.

Three to five years.

They are brilliant! They will get back to you within a few hours usually and have a custom solution for your particular issue or requirement.

Setup is very simple via the installer which walks you through all the dependencies that need to be installed.

Setup and licensing are reasonably priced. Users have two options, either you pay for a named seat, or you can have floating seats that can be shared amongst users. We found that the per-user cost was the biggest expense that we had by far.

We evaluated many options including DecisionPoint, Tableau, QlikView, Birst.