Dundas BI Review

Made it easier to see crucial data that was normally buried in an Excel file

What is our primary use case?

Data Visualizations to streamline reporting. It is on a Windows Server in Azure. The dashboards are embedded into SharePoint using the Dundas SharePoint component.

How has it helped my organization?

Made it easier to see crucial data that was normally buried in an Excel file, and faster to find issues before they become problems.

What is most valuable?

The ability to warehouse query results. This is good because you do not have to have a data warehouse, you let Dundas warehouse the results of a query that runs long during off hours.

What needs improvement?

The API they have can do just about anything, but their documentation on the API and examples are only for some of the basics. They need to and are working on filling in those gaps. It is understandable that they have not yet documented everything that you can do with the API because there is a lot you can do with it.

As long as the Windows Server is up and has no IIS issues, then this product just works.

My organization is small, but it should just be a matter of how powerful the server is that you run it on.

They are all great. I have had nothing but the highest respect for Dundas support.

I have not used anything like this for more than a trial period. It was at this company when I got here. I would not switch at this point (and I've been asked if we should). The others cost way more, and I do not gain much for the cost.

I have had to set up our development server after starting at this company. It was very easy to set up, the hardest part for me was getting all the passwords to the various accounts needed when setting it up.

In-house.

There's a free trial that is long enough to give it a good workout. Also, they will help you get that free trial up and running. It's very easy to get it going and start working in it. They have some good guides and even a course you can take (for free).

Dundas was at the company when I got hired, I have looked at the features of others and their cost, and there is nothing they offer that is worth the cost increase.

What other advice do I have?

Give it a try, download the trial. I can tell you that you will love it, but you can really only decide that for yourself, so go try it.