Dundas Dashboard Review

It is great for creating attractive dashboard that look as though they have been custom designed but more visualisation options would be nice.

What is most valuable?

• Dundas script is great, and gives users the freedom to create an almost endless range of custom interactions
  • I love the flexible design options that allow a creative approach to dashboard design
  • It's very easy to host your dashboards as a webpage in HTML or Silverlight formats

How has it helped my organization?

Before using Dundas we were providing reports of a very similar theme to multiple markets on an adhoc basis. By centralising these into a collection of dashboards we were able to free up a significant amount of resource and allocate it to more valuable tasks.

What needs improvement?

A wider variety of data visualisations and built in interactions would improve this product.

I've used it for two years.

I wasn't involved in the deployment.

On occasion, the programme would crash and provided very little in the way of an error report, which was extremely frustrating especially when work was lost as a result.

No. We were serving data to almost 30 markets with no issues.

Excellent. Dundas were always quick to respond to emails, and clear with their instruction/assistance.

Excellent - same as above.

No issues encountered.

It was all done in-house.

No. Although this year we will be assessing Tableau and Qlikview as alternatives

What other advice do I have?

Dundas is great for creating attractive dashboard that look as though they have been custom designed rather than put together using a BI tool. The built in script editor adds a level flexibility that you don't see in some other tools on the market, although the down side of this is that it can take a while to get to grips with if you don't have any development experience. For me, a wider range of data visualisation options would have resulted in a higher score.

Make sure you have technical help on hand when you first start developing dashboards with Dundas. Creating even a simple dashboard interaction requires scripting, which can be confusing at first if you do not have a background in programming/web development.

More Dundas Dashboard reviews from users