Dundas Dashboard Review

It is a little tricky to install the tool initially, but once it's mastered, you can use it with any data.

Valuable Features

• The ability to show any data in graphical form
  • Sending notifications in case some data reaches the threshold

Improvements to My Organization

We have used it to represent the state of various job queues and system statuses, and having these values in graphical form gives us an instant idea if everything is working fine or not. If not, we need to look at any scheduled jobs/machine, lessening our downtime, which is very important for an airline business.

Room for Improvement

Installing - if someone has installed it using their work email as an ID, and they have moved on, and a new person is hired who needs to upgrade the currently running version, they can't do it. They need to install new version an then do a URL redirect so every user is routed to the newer version automatically, and I feel that this process can be simplified.

Use of Solution

I've used it for over two years.

No issues encountered.

It's excellent, as I have gotten prompt responses whenever I have contacted customer service. That is very encouraging to experiment with the product and is a big advantage, 10/10.

Excellent - 10/10.

Implementation Team

We implemented it in-house.

ROI

This has saved us a lot of money in the past, as instant status/notification prompts quick reaction from responsible team, and the issue is fixed within the SLA period, saving the company from various penalties.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

I'm not aware of the actual licensing cost, but it required us to have a VM with a SQL DB installed to host this product.

Other Advice

It is a little tricky to install the tool initially, but once it's mastered, you can use it with any data, and you can configure the Dundas webpart to show reports in SharePoint as well.