Eggplant Functional Review

A solution that offers good scripting and OCR, but lacks good reporting functionality

What is most valuable?

The OCR (Optical Character Cognition) is a very useful feature. It mirrors your phone or your device system.

The scripting is nice and easy to use. The use of the tool is great. You can recreate scripts as well. It can generate scripts based on your actions from the screen.

What needs improvement?

The setup process is quite lengthy. There's a lot of dependencies. Parts of it need to be centralized.

The reporting function is a bit shallow. The solution does not offer very comprehensive reporting in terms of your test results. The reporting time and the logs are very high level as well. These areas need improvement.

I've been using the solution for just under a year.

The tool is quite stable. The only issue is connectivity. The RDC connection might be problematic, but I think the call tool itself is quite stable. I haven't really experienced a lot of crashing, or time-outs, or things like that. The stability could be affected by the number of resources available.

The solution is based on a Windows model, where adding users is just a few clicks. It is easy to manage users and add them.

I would rate technical support at three out of five. I don't think they have enough coverage for support. The issues take too long to be resolved. There are also relational issues, location issues, or geolocation issues. For example, in my case, when the support person is in America the response will be the day after the ticket was originally issued. It's too slow of a response because the response team is in America.

The installation is easy, but configuration, based on our project at least, is quite extensive.

We implemented the solution ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

Implementation depends on a lot of factors, but you do need a team that has technical knowledge of the tool. There's a lot of configuration involved when you set up the solution.

I would rate the solution seven out of ten.

I am not a fan because of the reporting functionality and the difficulty in configuring the solution.