ELK Kibana Review

Simple design capability makes it easy to share log details with team members

What is our primary use case?

The primary use of this solution is to read logs and share them with colleagues. You can store logs that were written months or years ago, which is fantastic.

How has it helped my organization?

In our organization, it is now easier to share information about failures with colleagues. It can keep this information in Jira or other systems.

What is most valuable?

Having a tool where you can find logs that were generated months ago, and being able to search over a long period of time, is great.

Being able to create panels and boards is the best, as you can save them and share with the team. The way you can configure the panels, columns, and create new dashboards is brilliant.

What needs improvement?

Having more help with searches would improve this solution. Having a kind of wizard that would help you when you are typing your search would make it easier and quicker to refine your search, and ultimately find what you are looking for.

One year.

The stability of this solution is fantastic. It has not failed us for months and we use it extensively.

Prior to using this solution, we only used the plain console.

I have not set it up or studied licensing.

We did not evaluate other solutions.