Exabeam Fusion SIEM Review

Advanced analytics has a great overview of user behavior

What is our primary use case?

I'm an IT specialist and we are resellers of Exabeam. We have it deployed as an on-premise demo test cluster for customer POC. We use it mainly for management and for CM use cases to enable an overview of security events as well as user analytics.

What is most valuable?

With E8, the advanced analytics has a really great overview of user behavior. I like the timeline feature the most.

What needs improvement?

The product could be improved by implementing cost use cases. I believe if it were more flexible it would be a better product.

For additional features, I'd like to see more visibility in the networking.

We've been using the latest version of this product for the past six months.

It's a stable product, no problems.

Our company doesn't have a huge infrastructure behind the product at the moment, so it's difficult for me to comment about scalability, but I have seen customer references that state it scales really nicely. They are now working on the last big infrastructure and I know that inherently it scales well. The product is mostly for software security use cases, but in our company, only a handful of people use the product, perhaps three or four. In terms of our customers, I would estimate there to be between 10 and 15 users. It would mainly be infrastructure admin and security analysts using the solution.

I haven't needed to make contact with technical support.

In production, we are actually still using QRadar in our own company simultaneously with Exabeam.

Setting up the system was relatively easy - it took about a day. Adjusting the information was an ongoing process, so I can't really give a good estimate on that.

We evaluated LogRhythm and Splunk as possible options but in the end, we went with Exabeam - it was the right choice for us taking into account the needs of our customers and projected future needs.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend the product. I don't have any warnings or anything negative to tell anyone, because there are really no problems with the solution. You can pretty much make it up as you go.

I would rate this product an eight out of 10.

More Exabeam Fusion SIEM reviews from users
...who compared it with IBM QRadar
Find out what your peers are saying about Exabeam, Splunk, Securonix Solutions and others in Security Information and Event Management (SIEM). Updated: June 2021.
511,307 professionals have used our research since 2012.
1 Comment

author avatarHimanshu Shah
User

We Opticom Data Products are also VAR for Exabeam products based out of Mumbai India. We also intend to install Exabeam in our office as to provide a platform for PoC to our clients and may also be great learning experience. There is enormous potential in India and have lots of inquiries for Exabeam solution. Pl. advise us for thhe same please. Himanshu shah Opticom Data Products, 98204 30649