FireEye Email Security Review

Malware security exceptional, great complementary solution, and support knowledgeable

What is our primary use case?

I used the solution as a secondary security assessment gateway.

How has it helped my organization?

Is an excellent secondary checkpoint for malware and other threats.

What is most valuable?

It is one of the greatest solutions to have or to complement any other security solution such as Proofpoint or IronPort. FireEye is good for malware depicting and security.

What needs improvement?

If they want to be as primary or best solution, they need to have better email management features. SMTP handling is sometimes poor because you do not have a lot of options for routing. For example, if you are using IronPort and FireEye, and you want to do some complex routing and features, IronPort will beat FireEye with no effort.

The email gateway environment does its work as long as it is not too complex or sophisticated you will notice some decrease in performance.

I have been using the solution for ten years.

In general, technical support is good, they are usually knowledgeable. There are certain areas that you might want to have the premium support which cost extra. However, the basic operation of the product, you have all that need with regular support. They can be reached by email, phone, and some other methods.

I have previously used IronPort and Proofpoint. There was always a certain point while operating where you had to wait a while, you have a much stricter set of rules for filtering email, and there were more false positives. FireEye has good potential to detect security breaches.

No, I have always used Fireeye email as a secondary solution combined with one of the lead ESA.

What other advice do I have?

If you really need something powerful to handle multiple routes and delivery points then this solution might not be for you. You should consider this solution as not the main email gateway but an addition to your protection. It is not a product for handling email in big volumes or as your principal, the main solution is. It is a very good security solution component that is advisable to be a compliment for something that is stronger on the email handling side.

I rate FireEye Email Security an eight out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about FireEye, Cisco, Forcepoint and others in Email Security. Updated: March 2021.
474,319 professionals have used our research since 2012.