Fortinet FortiSandbox Review

Good endpoint detection and response, but it needs better technical support

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for using FortiSandbox.

The deployment model we are using is on-premises.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature was the EDR, endpoint detection and response.

What needs improvement?

FortiSandbox could be improved. Fortinet took some time to include this feature and new technologies.

They have to develop it more, because of the codes, the variables in the number of virtual environments and the number of virtual rules.

They only provide eight or sometimes a maximum of fourteen virtual environments and the competitors are offering two hundred environments, so the number of environments offered it too small and needs to increase. Currently, this is one of the weakest capabilities with FortiSandbox.

The integration has no enforcements, you cannot apply any action, you have to integrate it with Fortinet. For example, if a customer wants to have FortiSandbox, he has to purchase the entire Fortinet profile. This is not an advantage for Fortinet, compared to others that can be integrated easily with any technology and with any vendor. Fortinet will only integrate with itself.

They are not leading in endpoints for FortiSandbox.

The capabilities and features of this solution are not good. They have to enhance and develop the product to compete.

In the next release, I would like to see machine learning and anti-exploitation included.

I have been using this solution for two years.

This solution is stable. I have not had any issues with stability. It's fine.

We face some challenges with Fortinet. Each time we use the technical support, we run into the same problem. We open a ticket and we have to wait until is it escalated to a tier-two or a tier-three level before anyone will address your specific issues. You will never get help on the first level, and it is always directed to another level.

There seems to be a lack of coordinators.

It is possible that on our end we contact them for issues that are on a larger scale, or new issues, never on a basic level. However, it still takes time to get the issue resolved.

The installation is easy and straightforward.

Other companies, the competitors of Fortinet, offer this and in this area, they are better.

What other advice do I have?

We are Platinum level partners, and I am a consultant.

My advice would be to check the web reviews and you will find that Sandbox and FortiClient are not the best.

If you check Gartner, you will see that McAfee and Microsoft are better.

The setup and installation are easy and straightforward.

If you a Symantec endpoint then it's easy and straightforward.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.