Fortinet FortiWeb Review

User-friendly GUI, easy to configure, and technical support responds quickly

What is our primary use case?

We are a product reseller and this is one of the solutions that we provide for our customers. At this point, we have only implemented it for one customer.

What is most valuable?

The GUI is user-friendly.

It is easy to configure compared to solutions by other vendors, such as F5.

What needs improvement?

The integration with other products should be improved.

This product does not come with bare metal protection, so we need more network features. We don't want to be as dependent on a separate next-generation firewall.

The pricing could be made more competitive.

So far, the stability has been okay.

We have not had a problem with scalability but we have only deployed it for one project.

The technical support is very good and they are fast to respond.

I have also worked with similar solutions by F5 and Barracuda. FortiWeb is easier to configure because the F5 product requires more technical knowledge. The Barracuda solution has the advantage that DDoS support is built-in and there is no need to integrate with other products.

The initial setup is straightforward, although integration is more difficult. For example, if you want to have DDoS attack support then you need to integrate with the firewall. With the solution from Barracuda, the DDoS capability is already included.

FortiWeb is more expensive than some competing products.

We have a lot of requests for Barracuda solutions from our customers. One of the reasons for this is that the pricing is cheaper by quite a lot.

What other advice do I have?

While I have not done comprehensive testing with FortiWeb, I have no complaints so far.

My advice for anybody who is considering this product is that if they are not very advanced in terms of technical training, this product is a good choice because it is very simple to implement.

More Fortinet FortiWeb reviews from users