Fortinet Wireless Review

Helps lower response time and improve application performance

What is our primary use case?

We use it for wireless at our remote locations.

How has it helped my organization?

We're using SD-WAN at all of our locations now, which helps increase and aggregate and lower response time and improve application performance.

Another thing we have seen is increased security awareness.

What is most valuable?

• UTM (Unified Threat Management)
  • Centralized management
  • Cost
  • Ease of use

Manageability is a key.

What needs improvement?

The centralized management features could be improved. I think they're good, but I think they could be better.

Three to five years.

I can't recall any stability issues.

Scalability is fine.

Their tech support is average. Their response time is average. Their first-level support is okay, but it's not terrific. The few times we've had to open tickets, we've had to escalate to get to an engineer who could help. Usually, when we call, there is something really wrong and the front-liners are not geared toward high-end support.

We switched primarily due to feature functionality and cost. It offered a lot more value.

It was fairly straightforward. With any new product you need training because it's different.  We needed a little bit of training but it wasn't anything that was difficult.

The product's pricing is a good value.

Licensing is the only area where I think they are below average. They need enterprise licensing, an all-encompassing license to cover all products for a company.

We evaluated a lot of different solutions including Palo Alto, Cisco, SonicWall.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, putting it in place was fairly straightforward. As with anything, I would plan it and test it before implementing. That's for any product, it's not specific to Fortinet.

I give it a nine out of 10. The price performance is unmatched. If they came out with enterprise licensing, I would give it a 10.