GFI FaxMaker Review

Stable solution that is easy to scale up and across users

What is our primary use case?

We are working with a customer in the SMS domain. This is for incoming and outgoing faxes. Therefore, our developer has developed an application that will automatically send a fax from the application via FaxMaker. It makes a copy to the phone system, which sends it out externally. It is also the same for our two customers. Though at the moment, only one of our customers works with it because the other customer is moving all their systems to the cloud.

Now, our telephone provider, who is our line provider, has proposed fax to email. This way, the customer can send fax directly from Outlook to a fax, which may not be local. Therefore, the customers has fax to mail and mail to fax.

We are using the latest version. We try to update it all the time.

How has it helped my organization?

It is a way that we can communicate with the customer. Though, there are many other ways to communicate with them, like email or Teams. Not that many people work with fax anymore, and in some years, fax will be finished.

The solution is internal so we use it to meet security requirements.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to use, but we don't use a lot of FaxMaker's features. It is easy to see how many faxes are coming in. The reports are okay.

It is a good, stable product.

What needs improvement?

The issue is, "Who wants to use faxes?" In the future, no one will send faxes. This is a problem. We only use it because some customers want to send faxes, and it is only for this. If the customer has the possibility to send something via email, it is better. In the future, there won't be any paper in the office.

It is usable only with a local system. When everything is in the cloud, nobody uses it.

I have been working for the company for six years. The product has been with the company longer than six years.

It is stable.

There are two people who maintain this solution, my colleague and me.

It is easy to scale up and across users. At the moment, everybody can use FaxMaker. We mostly use it for incoming faxes, not for sending faxes.

We do not use the solution too much. Some days, there are no faxes. While other days, there are one to three faxes, but not more than that. On average, there is a fax a day.

We use the technical support. The support is good for GFI and its products.

I think this was the first fax product the company used.

My previous company had another solution that worked fine.

The initial setup is not complex; it is clear and uncomplicated. If you can install software, then you can install FaxMaker.

It is easy to configure. In one hour, you can configure the fax.

We get the solution directly from the provider. Thus, we don't need a server for it. There is no installation to do.

We have not seen ROI.

The price is okay. Other products are more expensive.

The configuration was different with the previous software that I used.

What other advice do I have?

The product is okay and working fine. Everything that we want to do with the product, we can do it.

We also use GFI MailEssentials.

It is possible to use rules within the solution to route incoming faxes based on the sender’s ID and phone number, but we don't use this feature.

I would rate the product as an eight or nine (out of 10).