Graylog Review

It has sped up the investigation of incidents

What is our primary use case?

The product does all the things it must do very well. It can be used for investigating logs as well as a dashboard to see the current amount of errors in the environment.

What is most valuable?

• Logging aggregation and querying. We have multiple applications, therefore it is no longer feasible to check logs from our file system per each application.
  • When adopting microservices architecture, centralized logging is a must have.

How has it helped my organization?

It has sped up the investigation of incidents.

What needs improvement?

The alerting system could be more flexible. It does not allow for definition of different thresholds and alert types of the same streams. It allows different alert types and thresholds for the same stream.

E.g., if we have a single stream of errors, I would like to send each error to the ticketing system: A mail if there are less than 1 errors per second and an SMS if greater than 10 errors received per second.

One year.

No issues.

No issues.

Not applicable.

It was straightforward.

Yes, Elastic Stack.

What other advice do I have?

Send all logs to Graylog instead of just your errors. This will make it easier to investigate problems.