HCL Connections Review

It integrates with other products and you can personalize it.

What is most valuable?

IBM Connections is a great product, with new functionality each year. It can be integrated with other products easily and you can personalize this product to match with your organization.

How has it helped my organization?

For joint ventures, for example, it's easy to merge employees into the same entity group assignment, hierarchy and organization, with mixed rules and the right community and distinct special areas.

What needs improvement?

I actually work with profiles and identity, and also all the information around entities (not only geographic, but all properties assign to a employee).

My dream: Create a workflow to manage and simplify the lifecycle of a employee across the company...

My entity should be the same if I change companies; only some properties are different, but my links are the same (Twitter, Facebook, etc.).

I have used this solution for seven years, providing assistance and support, deploying social solutions or upgrading versions.

I am certified to deploy complex solutions.

I would rate customer service as follows:

• IBM 6
  • JALIOS 6

I would rate technical support as follows:

• IBM 4
  • JALIOS 6

We used to deploy Backbase Portal and IBM. I advised the selection of this solution.

It depends on the chosen architecture but initial setup can often be complex for a new user.

I implemented and deployed the solution. You need a good requirements evaluation for design and a good architecture.

Check IBM licensing.

What other advice do I have?

• Search for a good partner who has installed a lot of solutions and multiple integrations with other products. This may not be easy and more skills may necessary.
  • Most Connections functionality must be customized and personalized but it is more expensive to customize this product, and the product does necessarily provide the widespread coverage that a customer may seek.
  • I developed a personal project to help integrate and interoperate where I can define like a ERP, and My ERP is based on a identity Management and access management much more.